Singing Lessons NYC by Eleonor England
:: Est 1999 ::
The only major NYC vocal studio with a
Money Back Guarantee on your 1st NYC voice lesson
Video Review: The brilliant Singing Lessons NYC K-Pop star and Superstar K contestant Kate Kim. We were her first (and only) singing teacher before she was signed by a K-Pop label and moved to South Korea
Welcome back to lessons in Jan 2019! For those who may be new to the studio, welcome!!
We are proud to announce that Lothair Eaton is joining our studio! Lothair is AMAAAAAZE BALLS! Honestly, check him out here!
Lothair will be giving the beginner 1st lesson for all beginners who start at the NYC studio to get them jump-started on their singing lessons! Check out our Beginner program!
We’ve had some great results with former clients going on to nominations/wins/etc at:
- the GRAMMYs
- Los Angeles Music Awards
- Chinese Music Award
- The Voice, Superstar K
- #1 album & song charting
We’ve also had amazing results and a lot of fun with beginners developing their voice for recreation or to move into being professional. Beginners with non-pro goals have:
- Sang at their own wedding
- Sang at a proposal
- Become office karaoke stars
- Gotten into audition-only choirs and community theatre
- Gotten the band back together! 😀
People have also:
- Made the transition from classical to jazz, pop, or rock without sounding lame AF
- Learned not to fear singing or speaking
- Learned singing breathing for general well-being and stress relief
- Overcome stage fright using mental training techniques
…You get the idea and can read all our reviews, as well.
We love the variety of working with people of all different backgrounds, skill levels, and types of goals. Working with just pros or just beginners isn’t as fun as getting to work with lots of different people.
Our 3 commitments to you as a person and artist or amateur singer:
- You will leave each lesson a better singer or speaker
- You will leave each lesson feeling better emotionally and physically than when you walked in
- You will learn techniques that you won’t learn at other studios
Our teachers choose to teach because it is actually really thrilling to get to hear the results right away, get to meet people and hear about their hopes and dreams and get to do concrete work toward getting them there – whether it is just to sing better or to cut a cd or make an audition. We love people and we love dreams and having the chance to work on them with people is a real privilege.
We Offer Something Unique in NYC
This is what makes us unique among NYC voice teachers:
- We are priced very competitively. A lot of the studios offering singing lessons in NYC who, like us, have clients nominated for GRAMMYs, winning American Idol and Superstar K auditions, hosting majour shows like The Voice, and selling felony quantities of records are chargining $250+/session. But that sucks cause at those rates most peope can’t come in that often. We want you to come in and learn some stuff. Your skills and success are our resume.
- We are cost-effective. Many of our clients and past students have left reviews to the effect of one lesson here is more informative and useful than however many lessons/years/months of study at both cheaper and more expensive studios. Check out our reviews for more deets!
- Just because you’re not a pro vocalist and regardless of whether you want to go pro or just for personal reasons, you’ll get treated the same. We love our star and pro clients but we also love our amateur clients and just really enjoy meeting diverse people from all over with different relationships to singing. We have clients who are devoted shower singers through international pop superstars. It’s the diversity that makes it fun!
- Ellie & Lothair know what jazz is! Ellie sings it and Lothair grew up around it cause his dad is a famous jazz trumpet player in the Chicago jazz scene. This is especially helpful if you are looking for a jazz vocal coach or are in town for jazz vocal workshops.
- Almost all clients notice that they learned how to make thier voice sound better in the first lesson. The first lessons is where you learn how to sing from your diaphragm correctly. Other ways to sing better and tips to sing better are given at each lesson along the way. We offer solid technique for all musical styles, which is how to improve your singing voice.
- Clients who started with us as their first voice lessons went on to do some cool stuff!
Clients Who Started As Beginners w Us Went on to:
- Signing with majour labels in the US, China, Europe, and South Korea (in conjunction with Ellie’s work as a vocal coach in NYC ofr R&B, K-Pop, C-Pop, US Pop, Rock, and as a jazz vocal coach)
- Getting on American Idol (client worked with Ellie as a vocal coach in NYC for R&B)
- Hosting The Voice (client worked with Ellie on Canto-pop training)
- GRAMMY nomination (indie/folk/rock/pop)
- Wins and nominations at the Chinese Music Awards (Canto-Pop and Mando-Pop)
- Wins and nominations in local music awards stateside too numerous to list including Los Angeles Music Awards, San Diego Music Award, and Bay Area Music Awards in the San Francisco Bay Area (Blues, Jazz, Adult Contemporary, Pop, Rock, Indie, Alternative, and more)
- Multi-platinum album sales – certified by record sales (client worked with Ellie on vocal training for C-Pop)
- Cutting cds too numerous to list in Blues, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Rock, Folk, Indie and more.
- Regional winners for International Blues Challenge (um, Blues!)
R&B, Soul, Blues, Rock, MoreVocal coaching is different than singing lessons but we do both voice lessons and vocal coaching in NYC in R&B, jazz, blues, rock, pop, K-pop, C-pop, I-pop, indie and other genres. Vocal coaching is more about interpretation whereas singing lessons are more about technique.
Some services we offer:
- Work as a vocal coach in NYC for R&B
- Jazz Vocal Coaching & New York jazz workshops for visiting groups
- NYC Singing Lessons for Pop
- Vocal training in KPop and CPop (Mando-Pop and Canto-Pop)
- Audition Preparation (SLNYC clients have gotten in to majour universities and conservatories including Berklee, Manhattan School of Music (graduate jazz program), New England Conservatory (graduate jazz program), Indiana University music school, and more
- Singing lessons for kids
- Singing Lessons for beginners
- Singing lessons online via Skype, Oovoo, Facetime, or other video chat programs and apps.