Vocal Training in NYC for
Pop, Kpop, Jazz, Rock, Blues, R&B, Folk, and more
Ellie’s Singing Lessons NYC is located in Midtown Manhattan New York City at 520 8th Ave New York NY 10018 – we are between 36th and 37th Street. The teaching space is 4-5 “short” blocks south of the Midtown New York City Port Authority building and 3 “short” blocks north of NYC Penn Station. You’ll need to check in on the 16th floor at the main desk at the New York City location before your voice lesson to find that day’s room number as it changes daily. Bring government ID (passport, drivers license, NYC ID card) if you have it, which makes checking into the building through the lobby easier and faster (if you lack ID, have the security people call Ripley Grier (the studio space) and they can send someone down for you) 😀 The address and some info on how to get in tot he NYC location are also sent out in the confirmation email. Here is what the building looks like in Midtown Manhattan:
Singing Lessons NYC Studio Location: No walk-ins, please, but the lessons are given at 520 8th Ave New York, NY 10018. The NYC singing lessons location is wheelchair accessible – please let Ellie know so she can make sure we get an accessible studio.
Terms: Singing Lessons NYC in NYC lessons have the same terms as all voice lessons with a 48 hour cancellation policy for singly bought singing or voice lessons sessions. With less notice, credit is lost. Once a voice or singing lesson is paid, it must be taken or made up if cancelled with enough notice – no refunds, sorry. Already blew the dinero on Stuff I’d Rather Not Talk About. Midtown Manhattan vocal training sessions can be converted to Skype lessons, if needed.
To book a singing lesson or vocal coaching session in midown NYC or via Skype use the online scheduler (popup). Or feel free to call or text (phone number on scheduler – click BOOK NOW button above)! =)
eleonor.england @ gmail-dot-com
Academy Awards and Nominations: Private singing lessons students of Ellie’s have been awarded and nominated by quite a few academies including: Academy nomination for GRAMMY awards, academy awards and nominations for Artists In Music Awards, academy nominations and awards by the academy for San Diego Music Awards, academy nominations and awards for Los Angeles Music Awards, Academy nominations for Bay Area Music Awards.
- By Bus or subway: The 1, 2, and three subway lines plus the A, B, and C lines all go through Penn Station in Midtown West, 3 short blocks away at 8th Ave and 34th Street; we are at 8th Ave and 36th Street. Long Island Railroad also goes to Penn Station as well as bus lines 4, 10, 116, 20, 34, and 32. Amtrack and New Jersey Transit go to the upper level of Penn Station and to the Port Authority Building in Midtown West.
- Once you get the address, included in your confirmation email after you sign up for your first vocal training lesson, visit Google Maps to get driving directions (or transit directions, even!) from an exact address and printable/mobile maps and directions! NYC parking is tight in Midtown Manhattan but there are a few nearby parking lots so check Google maps for that.
Nearby areas: 10001, 10016, 10017, 10018, 10019, 10020, 10021, 10022, 10036, 10010, 10011, 10003, Midtown West, Chelsea, Garment District, Midtown East, Upper West Side, Hell’s Kitchen.
Genres: Jazz, Blues, Rock, Pop, Kpop, CPop, Chinese Pop, Musical Theatre, Indie, Singer-Songwriter, Folk, NuJazz, Singing for Actors, Singing for Dancers, more.
Levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional
What to bring to your NYC voice lesson
- Do bring to your voice lesson: Yourself! (Of course). Parents and friends are also okay but sometimes infuence how much we can get done.
- Do bring your “book” to your voice lesson if you have one with 2 pencils and a highlighter pen. If you dunno what a book is, we will cover that in the sessions!
- Do bring a backing track loaded onto your phone to your voice lesson, if you want to work with one (beginners – don’t stress about all this – just bring yourself and we’ll roll from there). The NYC voice studio does not have a sound system
- Any sheet music you bring to your voice lesson should – in a perfect world – have “chord notation”. If you dunno what chord notation is, please ask Ellie and she can hook you up!
What not to bring to your voice lesson in New York City
- Do not wear tight, inflexible clothes to your voice lesson. Form-fitting, stretchy clothes are okay though.
- Do not wear shoes that are uncomfortable or that you cannot remove to your voice lesson. Wear shoes you can take off or flat shoes for vocal training. Hopefully you will be able to sing in heels soon but at first they can interfer with initial progress. I sing in heels and you can, too, if you want. But to start, it’s better to be abel to remove them.
Things That Are Available At The NYC Vocal Training Location
- There is a work space at the voice lesson for you to work on your “book” (dunno what a book is? Don’t stress – all will be handled!) You’ll wanna do taht before or after your voice lesson, though, so you aren’t burning money during your lesson
Things that are nearby the New York City voice lessons location
- Coffee is available near your singing lesson at the Butch’s Cafe Oassis inside Ripley Grier on the 16th floor in the same building as your voice lesson. It is also available at Gregory’s Coffee next door (still 520 8th Ave) on the ground floor and another excellent cafe very close to the voice lessons studio is Cutlure 36. Non-celiac gluten free is available at Gregory’s. I think all three cafes have vegan and celiac GF is available at Butch’s.
- Sushi is avalable right next door to the singing lessons location on the ground floor at Azuki. There is also grain bowls at Roast. They call them “salads” so whatever. Azuki has sealed gf soy sauce packets and veggie rolls. Roast has non-celiac GF stuff and I wanna say vegan, but I’m not going to. If you’re like me, the important info you’re looking for is this, though: Azuki has alcohol and so does the Chinese joint, Chef Yu’s, right next door to Azuki’s (still 520 8th Ave). 😀
Singing Lessons NYC
520 8th Ave New York, NY 10018