Bubonic Death Flu Got You Down? You need delicious, nutritious online singing lessons!
Our teachers have many years experience giving online singing lessons and we are ready to roll to give you some of the best online singing lessons available – we’ve been giving them since 2009!
Being trapped in your apartment for 4 months = bad
Online singing lessons in your living room = good!
Q: What do I need for online singing lessons?
A: You need:
- A 3G or higher connection to the internet, wifi, or other internet access
- A tablet, laptop, or cell phone with a good camera and mic (most that are less than 4 yrs old are perfect)
- A room with good lighting
- The desire to build skills during the lockdown.
Q: What if I don’t like it?
A: It’s okay. If you don’t dig the 1st lesson, we will give you credit for an in person lesson or else refund your money – your choice.
Q; Aren’t in person lessons better?
A: Not necessarily. Online singing lessons are actually better than in-person for helping you sing more on pitch (singing “in tune”) and building skills to be a more independent singer. They also build a lot more of a feeling of confidence. There are many benefits to online singing lessons over in-person lessons
Q: Aren’t there problems with online singing lessons?
A: Online singing lessons are different from in-person lessons. But if you have an experienced teacher (and we hire ONLY very experienced teachers with Masters or higher), they know the right teaching techniques to use to get good results online. A lot of singing studios are just now converting to give online singing lessons. Our teachers have been giving them from 5-11 years (depending on the teacher) and already learned how to optimize the online lessons for best progress.
Q: How can I sign up?
A: You’ll see our email and phone number below – hit us up for times and get your first online singing lesson reserved. You can also use our online scheduler by clicking BOOK NOW (in the menu at the top of the page). By the end of all this, you could be a more confident and awesome singer!
::: Est 1999 :::
Video Review: The brilliant Singing Lessons NYC K-Pop star and Superstar K contestant Kate Kim. We were her first (and only) singing teacher before she was signed by a K-Pop label and moved to South Korea
Welcome back to lessons in Autumn 2019! For those who may be new to the Singing Lessons NYC - Felix and Ellie welcome you back!!
We’ve had some great results with clients we’ve trained going on to nominations/wins/etc at:
- The GRAMMYs
- Los Angeles Music Awards
- Chinese Music Award
- The Voice, Superstar K
- #1 album & song charting
We’ve also had amazing results and a lot of fun with beginners developing their voice for recreation or to move into being professional. Beginners with non-pro goals have:
- Sang at their own wedding
- Sang at a proposal
- Become office karaoke stars
- Gotten into audition-only choirs and community theatre
- Gotten the band back together! :D
Our clients have also:
- Made the transition from classical to jazz, pop, or rock without sounding lame AF
- Learned not to fear singing or speaking
- Learned singing breathing for general well-being and stress relief
- Overcome stage fright using mental training techniques
...You get the idea and can read our reviews, as well.
We like the variety of working with people of all different backgrounds, skill levels, and types of goals. Working with just pros or just beginners isn’t as fun as getting to work with lots of different people.
Our 3 commitments to you as a person and artist or amateur singer:
- You will leave each lesson a better singer or speaker
- You will leave each lesson feeling better emotionally and physically than when you walked in
- You will learn techniques that you won’t learn at other studios
We choose to teach because it is actually really thrilling to get to hear the results right away, get to meet people and hear about their hopes and dreams and get to do concrete work toward getting them there - whether it is just to sing better or to cut a cd or make an audition. We love people and we love dreams and having the chance to work on them with people is a real privilege.
We Offer Something Unique in NYC
This is what makes us unique among studios that teach singing lessons in NYC:
- We are priced very competitively. A lot of the studios offering singing lessons in NYC who, like us, have clients nominated for GRAMMYs, winning American Idol and Superstar K auditions, hosting majour shows like The Voice, and selling felony quantities of records are chargining $250+/session. But that sucks cause at those rates most peope can’t come in that often. We want you to come in and learn some stuff. Your skills and success are our resume.
- We are cost-effective. Many of our clients and past students have left reviews to the effect of one lesson here is more informative and useful than however many lessons/years/months of study at both cheaper and more expensive studios. Check out our reviews for more deets!
- Just because you’re not a pro vocalist and regardless of whether you want to go pro or just for personal reasons, you’ll get treated the same. We love our star and pro clients but we also love our amateur clients and just really enjoy meeting diverse people from all over with different relationships to singing. We have clients who are devoted shower singers through international pop superstars. It’s the diversity that makes it fun!
- We have teachers who know what jazz is! Ellie sings it in prominent venues internationally. This is especially helpful if you are looking for a jazz vocal coach or are in town for jazz vocal workshops.
- Almost all clients notice that they learned how to make their voice sound better in the first lesson. The first lessons is where you learn how to sing from your diaphragm correctly. Other ways to sing better and tips to sing better are given at each lesson along the way. We offer solid technique for all musical styles, which is how to improve your singing voice.
- Clients who started with us as their first voice lessons went on to do some cool stuff!