Locations: NYC ::: San Diego ::: San Francisco/Oakland ::: Online
NYC Beginner who can’t wait till mid-Sept? Book with Lothair while Ellie’s gone!
Video Review: The brilliant Singing Lessons NYC K-Pop star and Superstar K contestant Kate Kim. We were her first (and only) singing teacher before she was signed by a K-Pop label and moved to South Korea
Welcome back to lessons in Summer 2019! For those who may be new to the Singing Lessons NYC by Eleonor England - welcome!
We’ve had some great results with Ellie’s former clients going on to nominations/wins/etc at:
- the GRAMMYs
- Los Angeles Music Awards
- Chinese Music Award
- The Voice, Superstar K
- #1 album & song charting
We’ve also had amazing results and a lot of fun with beginners developing their voice for recreation or to move into being professional. Beginners with non-pro goals have:
- Sang at their own wedding
- Sang at a proposal
- Become office karaoke stars
- Gotten into audition-only choirs and community theatre
- Gotten the band back together! :D
Ellie’s clients have also:
- Made the transition from classical to jazz, pop, or rock without sounding lame AF
- Learned not to fear singing or speaking
- Learned singing breathing for general well-being and stress relief
- Overcome stage fright using mental training techniques
...You get the idea and can read Ellie’s reviews, as well.
Ellie likes the variety of working with people of all different backgrounds, skill levels, and types of goals. Working with just pros or just beginners isn’t as fun as getting to work with lots of different people.
Our 3 commitments to you as a person and artist or amateur singer:
- You will leave each lesson a better singer or speaker
- You will leave each lesson feeling better emotionally and physically than when you walked in
- You will learn techniques that you won’t learn at other studios
Ellie chooses to teach because it is actually really thrilling to get to hear the results right away, get to meet people and hear about their hopes and dreams and get to do concrete work toward getting them there - whether it is just to sing better or to cut a cd or make an audition. We love people and we love dreams and having the chance to work on them with people is a real privilege.
Ellie Offers Something Unique in NYC
This is what makes us unique among studios that teach singing lessons in NYC:
- All clients see Ellie - there are no associate teachers so the quality of lesson is really consistent - you get the same quality of lesson as she gave to all my students listed above.
- Ellie is priced very competitively. A lot of the studios offering singing lessons in NYC who, like us, have clients nominated for GRAMMYs, winning American Idol and Superstar K auditions, hosting majour shows like The Voice, and selling felony quantities of records are chargining $250+/session. But that sucks cause at those rates most peope can’t come in that often. We want you to come in and learn some stuff. Your skills and success are our resume.
- Ellie is cost-effective. Many of our clients and past students have left reviews to the effect of one lesson here is more informative and useful than however many lessons/years/months of study at both cheaper and more expensive studios. Check out our reviews for more deets!
- Just because you’re not a pro vocalist and regardless of whether you want to go pro or just for personal reasons, you’ll get treated the same. We love our star and pro clients but we also love our amateur clients and just really enjoy meeting diverse people from all over with different relationships to singing. We have clients who are devoted shower singers through international pop superstars. It’s the diversity that makes it fun!
- Ellie know what jazz is! Ellie sings it in prominent venues internationally. This is especially helpful if you are looking for a jazz vocal coach or are in town for jazz vocal workshops.
- Almost all clients notice that they learned how to make thier voice sound better in the first lesson. The first lessons is where you learn how to sing from your diaphragm correctly. Other ways to sing better and tips to sing better are given at each lesson along the way. We offer solid technique for all musical styles, which is how to improve your singing voice.
- Clients who started with Ellie as their first voice lessons went on to do some cool stuff!