Hey, I’m Ellie, NYC jazz vocalist and the owner of Singing Lessons NYC. I also work as a vocal coach (NYC) for R&B, pop, K-pop, C-pop, I-pop, rock, jazz, blues, soul, and more. All lessons at Singing Lessons NYC are with me so we can control quality and we have voice lessons in NYC 42 weeks a year, as well as a few times a year out of town in San Francisco and San Diego, as well. Year-round, I take my California clients via Skype or another online video chat. Voice lessons in NYC and online voice lessons are available for you public speakers out there to learn how to make your voice sound better.
Singing Lessons NYC Offers Something Unique
There are a ton of voice teachers giving NYC voice lessons, so finding the right fit when you’re learning to sing or when you are a professional looking to hone their craft can be daunting. This is what makes us unique among NYC voice teachers:
- Singing Lessons NYC (SLNYC) has zero associate voice teachers. Most studios with our track record have associate teachers and attract clients with the main teacher but then get them into voice lessons with an associate teacher. I like having no associates because it allows me to guarantee that every client at SLNYC gets the same level of training and care.
- For our track record, we are priced very competitively. A lot of the studios offering singing lessons in NYC who, like us, have clients nominated for GRAMMYs, winning American Idol and Superstar K auditions, hosting majour shows like The Voice, and selling felony quantities of records cost between $125-175/session. But that sucks cause at those rates most peope can’t come in that often. I want you to come in and learn some stuff. Your skills and success are my resume.
- Just because you’re not a pro vocalist and regardless of whether you’re doing the NYC voice lessons thing to go pro or just for personal reasons, you’ll get treated the same. I love my pro clients but I also love my amateur clients and just really enjoy meeting diverse people from all over with different relationships to singing. We have clients who are devoted shower singers through international pop superstars. It’s the diversity that makes it fun!
- Ellie knows what jazz is! This is especially helpful if you are looking for a jazz vocal coach or are in town for jazz vocal workshops.
- Almost all clients notice that they leaarned how to make thier voice sound better in the first lesson. The first lessons is where Ellie teches you how to sing from your diaphragm correctly. Other ways to sing better and tips to sing better are given at each lesson along the way. We offer solid technique for all musical styles, which is how to improve your singing voice.
- Clients who started at SLNYC as their first voice lessons went on to do some cool stuff!
Clients Who Took
NYC Voice Lessons at SLNYC
As Beginners Went on to:
- Signing with majour labels in the US, China, Europe, and South Korea (in conjunction with Ellie’s work as a vocal coach in NYC ofr R&B, K-Pop, C-Pop, US Pop, Rock, and as a jazz vocal coach)
- Getting on American Idol (client worked with Ellie as a vocal coach in NYC for R&B)
- Hosting The Voice (client worked with Ellie on Canto-pop training)
- GRAMMY nomination (indie/folk/rock/pop)
- Wins and nominations at the Chinese Music Awards (Canto-Pop and Mando-Pop)
- Wins and nominations in local music awards stateside too numerous to list including Los Angeles Music Awards, San Diego Music Award, and Bay Area Music Awards in the San Francisco Bay Area (Blues, Jazz, Adult Contemporary, Pop, Rock, Indie, Alternative, and more)
- Multi-platinum album sales – certified by record sales (client worked with Ellie on vocal training for C-Pop)
- Cutting cds too numerous to list in Blues, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Rock, Folk, Indie and more.
- Regional winners for International Blues Challenge (um, Blues!) 😀
Vocal Coach NYC R&B, Soul, Blues, Rock, More
Vocal coaching is different than singing lessons but Ellie does both lessons and vocal coaching in NYC in R&B, jazz, blues, rock, pop, K-pop, C-pop, I-pop, indie and other genres. Vocal coaching is more about interpretation whereasing lessons are more about technique.
Some services we offer at Singing Lessons NYC:
- Ellie works as a vocal coach in NYC for R&B
- Jazz Vocal Coaching & New York jazz workshops for visiting groups
- NYC Singing Lessons for Pop
- Vocal training in KPop and CPop (Mando-Pop and Canto-Pop)
- Audition Preparation (SLNYC clients have gotten in to majour universities and conservatories including Berklee, Manhattan School of Music (graduate jazz program), New England Conservatory (graduate jazz program), Indiana University music school, and more
- Singing lessons for kids
- Singing Lessons for beginners
- Singing lessons online via Skype, Oovoo, Facetime, or other video chat programs and apps.
A Note About Common Questions
I’ve seen people coming to our page looking for the following topics in voice lessons for NYC — and I guarantee we will cover all this stuff in voice lessons:
- How to make your voice sound better or how to make your voice better
- How to improve your singing voice
- To learn how to improve your singing voice quickly
- To learn how to improve speaking voice
- How to strengthen your voice for singing
- How to improve your singing how to get better at singing
- How to have a better singing voice or how to get better at singing
- Ways to sing better or tips to sing better
- How to get a good singing voice
- How to sing from your diaphragm correctly
- How to get a better singing voice or how to become a good singer
- How to sing like a pro
- How to have better vocal range or how to increase your vocal range
Feel free to drop an email, text or phone call, but we do ask that you online come by in person if you have a paid NYC voice lesson appointment. Here’s our deets: