Singing Lessons NYC
Beginning through advanced levels * Amateur through professional goals
Singing Lessons NYC is located at 520 8th Ave NYC Fl 17 10018 – appointment only though k?
Singing Lessons NYC is owned and operated by Eleonor England – there are no affiliate teachers
Listen to Ellie’s long-term singing lessons clients and colleagues:
Singing Lessons NYC client Los Angeles pro singer-songwriter Lio Nicol who started taking singing lessons with Ellie as a beginner (Pop Singing – 52 second)
The brilliant Singing Lessons NYC K-Pop star and Superstar K contestant Kate Kim. Ellie was her first (and only) singing teacher in SF before she was signed by a K-Pop label and moved to South Korea
Ellie’s colleague GRAMMY-winning drummer Billy Ray hooks Singing Lessons NYC up with a testimonial!
Singing Lessons NYC is accepting students to study with Ellie of all ages with programs & training — and singing lessons for kids and adults. Single singing lesson sessions, packages, or long-term vocal study programs available
Ellie teaches R&B, Pop, EDM, Jazz, Blues, K-Pop, Chinese Pop (C-Pop: Canto-Pop, Mando-Pop), Rock, Classical, Musical Theatre (Broadway), Soul, Gospel, and more. Online singing lessons are available through Singing Lessons NYC, as well as in-person lessons in San Diego and San Francisco 3x/yr. All lessons offered through Singing Lessons NYC are given by Eleonor England – there are no affiliates in order to keep results consitent!
Check out what singers who started as beginners with Ellie at Singing Lessons NYC and did long-term voice lesson study with Ellie went on to do:
- GRAMMYs (US) Pop/Rock/Indie singer
- Chinese Music Awards (China) Canto-Pop, Mando-Pop singer
- Superstar K (Korea) K-Pop singer
- Label signing (multiple) Rock, Jazz, Indie, KPop, Canto-Pop, US Pop singers
- The Voice (Hong Kong) multiple C-Pop singers (Canto-Pop and Mando-Pop)
- American Idol (US) US Pop/R&B singer
- Check out more of Singing Lessons NYC’s clients’ accomplishments
Some Congratulations to Current and Former Singing Lessons NYC Clients!!! Yay!!!
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC client K-Pop Singer Kate Kim (김지연) from San Francisco (link), K-pop/television
Ellie’s San Francisco private singing lessons student and K-pop diva Kate Kim was recently scouted from her YouTube channel and flown to Seoul, Korea to be in Korea’s and K-pop’s largest and most popular singing talent show called Superstar K (슈퍼스타 K),(website). Check out her YouTube Channel to see her demos and follow her for her latest vids! Or visit out K-pop/Canto-Pop/Mando-Pop singing lessons info page on this site! One of Ellie’s specialties is in the big voices needed for the East Asian pop markets (KPop, CantoPop, and MandoPop)
Stay Tuned: Ellie’s new CD is in the works!
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC client Indie Singer Aoede, Indie/Singer-Songwriter
Ellie’s private student Aoede was nominated for a GRAMMY at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles! Yes, THOSE Grammys! We’re a bit late in posting this but happy belated Grammy nomination to singing lessons student Aoede! In 2012, she also won TWO 2012 Artists In Music awards – Album of the Year and Best Folk/Acoustic Act. She also won at the LA Music Awards for Adult Contemporary Artist of the Year. Singing Lessons NYC is super proud of her GRAMMY nomination but also her personal, inimate, and unique artistry!
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC client American Idol Contestant Pop/R&B Singer Karl, US pop/television
Ellie’s private student Karl fought through three auditions and won a “Golden Ticket” from American Idol. They flew him to scenic Hollywood for the final televised American Idol audition. Super fun – congrats, Karl! Singing Lessons NYC has had two American Idol contestants.
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC client Taipei R&B singer and “Super Idol” Second-Place Winner, Signed Recording Artist Hawawa Yang (超偶3 楊蒨時) (links: China US) Congratulations to Ellie’s Mando-pop client Hawawa on winning second place in the popular Taiwan franchise TV talent show, Super Idol! She is now living the life of a signed artist in Taipei, Taiwan. A lot of the clientelle at Singing Lessons NYC is fom Eastern Asia for those pop markets.
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC client multi-platinum Recording Artist and International Super Star Prudence Liew (劉美君, 刘美君) (links: China – US) Who is recording a new English-language CD. She took private singing lessons and voice coaching in SF from Ellie in maybe 2008 in preparation for a majour release concert at the Hong Kong coliseum (13,000 seats, people!). Well, she killed it and sold those shows out and has been taking home awards an nominations since then including: CASH Golden Sail Music Awards (2008), Golden Horse Awards (2008), Hong Kong Film Awards (2009), Ming Pao Weekly Magazine Awards (2009), and Chinese Music Awards (2008, 2009 & 2010). I can’t remember if she is 12- or 16-time platinum-selling artist (I’d hafta Google that which I’m wayyy too lazy to do) but these days she has leveraged her successful Canto-Pop (and subsequent Mando-Pop) CD success into becoming one of the most well-respected film actresses in the Chinese language film industry. She’s also an amazing person.
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC client Indie Recording Artist Lio Nicol (link), country/pop Who studied singing with Ellie privately during her time in SD and also via Skype during her move to LA. On her final session of vocal training in San Diego prior to going into Skype lessons, we got her hitting a high G (G6 – that’s the second G from the top of the piano for those of you watching at home ;)), in the so-called “whistle register”. She pivoted fom country to pop and moved to Los Angeles where she has popped out an awesome CD. Srsly. Listen to Take Me Away on her SoundCloud which I really like a LOT. She can sing circles around what she needs to do in that tune, but an artist uses their skill judiciously to communicate the song and I just love this tune and her tastefulness in it. Another really kind and wonderful person, as well. Makes a girl feel pretty good about her success! Lio Nicol is a great example of the types of pop voices Ellie and Singing Lessons NYC fine tune for the US and Asian pop markets.
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC client Jazz Artist, Singer-Songwriter and Vocal Instructor Neha Jiwrajka (link), jazz
We worked in San Francisco privately for a pretty long time and then on her auditions for grad school. She made the audition for jazz voice at the graduate level at both New England Conservatory of Music and the Manhattan School of Music. Ellie’s students have a 96% admittance rate to the school, conservatory, or musical theater “part” of their choice after a year of study – this goes for classical, jazz, or musical theater. Neha eventually went to New England Conservatory in jazz voice and then got a gig in Manhattan, NY As a Metropolitan Opera Guild Teaching Artist tecaching singing lessons in NYC! She still gives singing lessons in New York City (Brooklyn) so check out her site if you wanna – she’s solid on technique and jazz skills as well as other genres!
Congratulations to private student blues singer Steve Bulger and 145th Street Blues Band (link), hard-driving blues …on their recently-released 2nd album Where The Blues Live (nominated by the 2012 San Diego Music Awards as Blues Album of the Year)! It’s a great CD! The also WON the regional International Blues Challenge for Southern California and went on to compete in Memphis, TN against some of the best blues acts in the country! Also see their gig page for upcoming blues shows (popup). I have been Steve’s voice coach and given him singing lessons for a number of years in San Diego. Ellie has a lot of Blues singer students through Singing Lessons NYC.
Ellie recently named one of the top voices in jazz …worldwide by French jazz writer and publisher. Maximillien J De Lafayette. I am amazingly flattered! Thanks so much!
Congratulations to Singing Lessons NYC Client Recording Artist indie pop singer Tracy Johnson in San Francisco (link), indie/pop/singer-songwriter …on her 2012 EP (sound samples) Sometimes Love is Fire which will be her 3rd release – or buy it on iTunes. Also, congrats on having her song “Old Enough To Know Better” on the TV show “Keeping Up With The Kardashians“. Her 2nd cd “Dreams in Cold Weather” was featured on MTV’s “Real World Laguna Beach” and “Real World Denver” plus the film “Winter of Frozen Dreams”. She was the L.A. Music Awards‘ “Female Singer/Songwriter of the Year” and has also been a San Diego Music Award nominee for “Best Pop Album“. I am really proud of Tracy – she is an awesome artist and person and I am so proud to have given her private singing lessons and been her voice coach! ADDED: OK I can’t even keep up with Tracy’s song placements. She just got a bunch more. I dunno if it is through her manager who also managed Jewel or some other thing but her songs are reallllllly popular with TV and movie producers! Check her FB page for the latest!
Some Things About Singing Lessons NYC and How Ellie Teaches
Singing Lessons NYC & Ellie offer:
- Bel Canto and traditional method of singing lessons and voice coaching for all styles including pop, jazz & rock
- Singing Lessons NYC has a great track record of singing lessons and voice coaching student achievement in blues, R&B, soul, jazz, rock & classical – both with in person and online singing lessons.
- Ellie has had many years f classical training as well as jazz training and training in musical theatre and rock/pop belting. (and she is a listeners and teacher of many other genres!)
- Singing Lessons NYC offers vocal injury recovery for many singing lessons students
- Private, one-on-one singing lessons in NYC, online, and other locales through Singing Lessons NYC
- Special programs in vocal coaching offered through Singing Lessons NYC:
- Jazz singing lessons, phrasing & improvisation with NYC jazz singer
- Blues vocals
- NYC-quality singing lessons for singers who sing while playing an instrument
- Injury recovery for singers and non-singers
- Singing lessons in NYC to fine tuning the highly-trained voice
- “Tone deafness recovery” for many singing lessons students
- Ellie and Singing Lessons NYC offer Alexander Technique-compatible approach to singing lessons and voice coaching for a free singing voice
- One of Ellie’s goals for clients is a better, fuller sound with less effort
- Locations: Singing Lessons NYC’s main location is in New York City; but Ellie travels to California 3x a year for her west coast Skype client and gives in-person lessons there:
- SD – adress sent to you via lesson confirmation. Very close to Torrey Pines Rd and Girard – appointment mandatory
- NYC: Midtown West Manhattan, New York City: 520 8th Ave Fl 17 New York, NY 10018 – appointment mandatory
- SF – address sent with lesson confirmation. Convenient to trains – appointment mandatory
- Online singing lessons given by video chat programs (Skype, Oovoo, Facetime, etc)
- Vocal coaching and singing lessons for the professional vocalist
- Beginners singing lessons students always welcome by a patient and empathetic voice coach in Manhattan, New York City, NY – online Skype singing & voice lessons are also available.
Talk to Ellie voice lessons and vocal coaching in Manhattan, San Diego and San Francisco! Online Skype singing & voice lessons are also available through Singing Lessons NYC1
Appointment Required for all singing lessons – please no walk ins:
Sinigng Lessons NYC teaching address: 520 8th Ave Fl 17, New York, NY 10018 – Manhattan location, appointment necessary.
- Affordable Singing Lessons in NYC
- Awards, Nominations, American Idol, WhatNot
- Best Vocal Coach NYC
- California – La Jolla, San Francisco Voice and Singing Lessons
- Financing For Singing Lessons
- Gospel Vocal Coach NYC
- I-Pop Singing Lessons NYC with Instructor & Vocal Coach Ellie
- Jazz Voice Coaching NYC
- K-Pop Canto-Pop and Mandarin-Pop Singing Lessons New York
- Locations for Voice Lessons
- Manhattan Jazz Singing Classes
- Meet Ellie
- New York Vocal Coaching And Singing lessons With Eleonor England
- NYC Singing Lessons – From East Village
- NYC Singing Lessons Gift Certificates
- Piano Lessons NYC for Singers
- Quotes and Brags
- Recovering From Vocal Nodes
- Rehearsal Spaces for Acoustic Music & Piano Practice Rooms in NYC
- Resources for Students
- San Diego Singing Lessons
- San Francisco Vocal Coaching and Singing Lessons With Eleonor England
- Singing and Voice Lessons in New York, NY with Ellie
- Singing Lessons (for Kids) NYC
- Singing Lessons in NYC – R&B, Soul, Hip Hop
- Singing Lessons in NYC for R&B, Jazz, Blues, Soul, Pop, KPop, Rock, Chinese Pop, & More
- Singing Lessons NYC (Beginners)
- Skype ID: NYC Singing Lessons
- Tone Deaf Test
- Total Vocal Program
- Voice Academy Awards & Nominations NYC
- Voice and Singing Lessons – Amsterdam, NL
- Voice Coaching Services
- Learning different genres (styles) of music
- Singing Lessons for Kids in NYC
- Vocal Coaching For Professional Speaking & Speakers
- Voice Lessons and Singing Coaching for the “Tone Deaf”
- Voice Lessons and Singing Coaching for the Professional Vocalist